Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Loving Memory

Sometimes life sends little reminders that life is SOOOOO precious. I had a teammate in college that started every game with a prayer of thanks for another day that wasn't promised---I have thought about that prayer a lot and am thankful for her for such a lasting impression. I have tried to follow that thought and try not to take my days for granted---but somedays it seems life gets busy and we forget to say I love you or make that phone call. Instead we send an e-mail or say I will do it tomorrow.... then one day you get that fateful call and think.... man I just heard from that person, I should have called....

I had been e-mailing back and forth and this was the last e-mail I got two weeks ago from my friend..
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:05:29 To:XXXXXXXXXX>
Subject: RE: Is this your jacket?
Happy to hear you are all doing great! Annika is so adorable! What a joy! Is she cooing little sounds and laughing? I am sure she is a happy baby, what with having great parents. I will send your jacket to you. It will be kind of quiet here with the guys gone but I haven't sent out any invitations yet!
Regina is healed but still, and probably always will, have pain here and there. My youngest, Jackie will be turning 21 April 3rd and the three of us are planning a trip to Vegas to celebrate. What fun! It is raining here and supposed to get to 50 degrees today.
Gotta go, take care, miss you, Linda

So yesterday was a tough day for my "Weymouth Family" and I.... a good friend and colleague of ours passed tragically--double pneumonia --............. It was Linda Lou----my heart ached---this was out of nowhere---I had just heard from her.

I was deeply saddened by the news and want to send my deepest sympathy to the Weymouth Family and the members and most importantly her family (especially her daughters). Although they will probably never see this- I wanted to share with those of you that care so much for us--and tell you about this remarkable woman who had such an impact on the last two years of my life.

Linda Lou was a remarkable woman who cared deeply for everyone she came in contact with. She was the face of our club to the members who loved her. (Those of you who don't know what Weymouth is- it is a Private Golf Course in Ohio where I was a Membership director at) I shared an office with Lou for almost a year, but beyond that she was an amazing woman who will be remembered as not only a great listener, but someone that always gave me great advice and was such a positive influence on my life. I remember all the laughs we had, the birthday cakes, the showers, the creative parties that she held at the club......and the tears of joy she shared when I told her I was going to be a Mom. She was the kind of mom and friend that she new before I told her. Lou was Great!
I think everyone will agree we lost her too soon.

Thanks Lou for all the great memories--you are already missed.

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a sad and touching blog... My prayers go out to all those who are mourning the loss of this beautiful woman.